SMG Systems Support Specialist in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate opening for the Systems Support Specialist. The Systems Support Specialist is responsible for providing support to the operation, integrity, and security of the company's end user devices and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Help Desk Support for Windows 7, Windows 10, Office 365 and a variety of other desktop programs
- Support, install, configure, and troubleshoot and install Windows Print Server and Printers.
- Support, install, configure, and troubleshoot desktop and laptop computers and associated peripherals.
- Support, install, configure, and troubleshoot IP Phones and Fax machines.
- Support, configure, and troubleshoot Windows Update Server and other systems to install software to end users.
- Support, configure, and troubleshoot end user mobile devices.
- Provide assistance in Windows 2012 Server Management; including AD and Group Policy
- Provide assistance in managing data retention.
- Document configuration of IT resources and Help Desk procedures
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, holidays and weekends, as needed.
- Maintain attitude of "do whatever it takes"
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrable proper knowledge and technique in the use and maintenance of desktop and laptop computers.
- Demonstrable proper knowledge and technique in the use of Microsoft Windows Software, Microsoft Office Products, Basic Routing and Networking, Basic Server Maintenance and Cabling.
- Possess knowledge and experience in industry terminology, event-related services, facility capabilities and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patron and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Operate a personal computer using Windows, MS Office and other standard office equipment.
- Meet physical demands of job, which entail climbing, lifting and carrying approximately 50 lbs.
- Be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- At least 1 CompTIA certification (A+, Network+ or Server+)
- Microsoft Certification preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled