Penn Power Group Heavy Duty Refrigeration Technician in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania
Penn Power Group, a leading distributor of Detroit Diesel engines, Allison transmissions and Carrier refrigeration, is seeking an experienced Refrigeration Technician. In this position you will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of trucks and refrigeration units. Conduct general and non-scheduled maintenance, including inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing and/or replacing components and systems.
YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO:
- Diagnose complex mechanical, refrigerant, and electrical problems related to all Reefer systems (single & multi-temp), including engine, cooling, heating and on board computer modules.
- Perform repairs and diagnostics on starting and charging system, complex cooling and re-charge, and electrical including common fault codes. Repairs include performing leak detection procedures, compressor replacements, rebuilding throttling valves, soldering refrigerant lines, evaporator/condenser replacements and front main engine seal replacements.
- Perform repair and maintenance on trucks including auxiliary components in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Knowledgeable in the safe operation of all garage tools, diagnostic equipment, lifts, hoists and jacking equipment.
- Identify and obtain necessary replacement parts as needed to execute repairs.
- Adhere to manufacturers warranty policies and procedures.
- Shall be consistently capable of independently analyzing and safely resolving problems
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Advanced understanding of reefer electrical and mechanical systems.
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE:
- One to two years experience with on highway truck trailer refrigeration business
- Prior experience in the heavy duty diesel, class 8 truck repair is a plus.
- A commercial driver’s license
- Carrier or Thermo King experience
- A 608 and/or 609 certification
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Annual Tool and Shoe Allowance; Uniforms
- On-going paid training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A fun work environment where our teammates feel appreciated.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please no phone calls.
Penn Power Group is a federal contractor and has implemented an affirmative action plan to ensure equal employment opportunities for females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and qualified targeted veterans. We make reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact HRInfo@pennpowergroup.com (215) 335-0500 ONLY if you wish to request an accommodation or if you wish to be included in our affirmative action program. Resumes sent to this address will not be accepted.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: April 21, 2018