SMG Accounting Assistant in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Accounting Assistant for SMG Corporate. This position is responsible for performing various accounting and administrative duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Assist accounting staff with administrative duties as necessary
Copying, filing, scanning materials
- Prepare customer invoices for mailing
- Prepare A/P checks for mailing
- Maintain accounting files
- Input vendor invoices into Accounting system
- Assist Accounting Department with financial and special projects
- Assist with account reconciliation
Other duties as assigned
Assists in the upload of venue information to SMG databases.
Maintains petty cash, receipt records, and check release register.
- Audits receipts and disbursements to ensure accuracy for public shows and resolves credit card charge backs.
- Completes assigned sections of the monthly close by the specified deadline.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements and prepares monthly reconciliation of agency fund cash accounts and select operating duties.
- Maintains files and performs a variety of minor bookkeeping and cashiering duties.
- Assists in the preparation of public show statements and city amusement tax returns.
- Communicates with Director of Finance regarding status of projects, workload and concerns in the department on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules.
- Prepares daily cash reports on a timely basis.
- Inputs journal entries to the financial reporting computer system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field.
1 -- 3 years of office/clerical accounting department experience and strong mathematical skills
- Must be able to prioritize schedules, work independently and follow instructions
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel. Experience with EBMS and Solomon is preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting.
- Ability to make original or adjusting entries to analyze financial transactions.
- Ability to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Josh Rogers SMG Sands Bethlehem Event Center 77 Sands Blvd. Bethlehem, PA 18015
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 610-729-1023
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled